Sunday, January 30, 2022

New etching plates for prints 11 & 12

I finally resolved the images for prints 11 & 12 (or to be precise, for prints 6 & 12). I didn't know for the longest time how to portray my ideas for these two prints visually. I had to go back to the print studio downtown to etch a few new plates and to re-etch some others since the aquatints were starting to wear down. I needed some plates with images of settler women and children, since they are an important part when it comes to encounters with indigenous people and also working on meaningful relationships for a shared future. I realized that in all my other prints the settler figures were represented solely by men. I finished etching all the plates I need and this week I can start printing again. I have worked on this project for over a year and it is hard to believe it is coming to a conclusion soon. (Below: Spite Bite. Ferric Chloride brushed onto copper). 










(Etched copper plates with figures. Aquatint and spit bite).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Re-Membering

Re-Membering. Intaglio, Chine-Collé. 45cm x 45cm. 2022.  Re-Membering is the twelfth and final print in my artist's book. I wanted to e...