Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Printing Days II

For the past month I've been printing in the studio like a maniac every morning while my dear husband takes care of our little M. (M. turned two last week, so there was another milestone reached!) I am pleased to share that I have finished seven of the twelve prints (Yeay! More than half way done!) and three more will be done in the next week or two. (Gah! Two prints I still have to figure out what to do with...but I have a few ideas that I think might work). Some of my prints have between ten to twenty different plates printed on them, so it always takes a while to get them printed since I can only print one or two layers per day to prevent the ink from offsetting too much. 

Today I also ordered the custom made museum cases that will contain my artist book and I will head to Martha Street Studio in a bit to get the English text printed. I'm excited! It is so satisfying when a project nears its completion and things are coming together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Re-Membering

Re-Membering. Intaglio, Chine-Collé. 45cm x 45cm. 2022.  Re-Membering is the twelfth and final print in my artist's book. I wanted to e...